Most children have the desire to learn to play a musical instrument at some point. This, however, can often be prohibitively expensive, especially for families with more than one child. The cost of an instrument alone is a huge outlay followed by the cost of lessons which can often become a financial burden.
In response to this, Christ with All Saints’ Church runs a music school specifically aimed at providing music tuition for local children between the ages of 6 and 16 at an affordable cost. Beginners are welcome. The cost is £1 for two hours tuition, each week (payable termly). The music school also possesses a number of instruments which, where possible, are available on loan to pupils of the music school, at no extra charge.
Christ with All Saints’ Music School aims:
- To provide very low cost (£1 per week) musical education for local children.
- To give each pupil an intensive professional education in his/her musical discipline.
- Prepare each pupil with a solid foundation in music.
- To offer the highest quality music instruction and performance opportunities.
- To improve educational opportunities for local children
The music school runs on Saturday mornings during term time from 10:00am to 12:00pm. Children are expected to attend for two hours.
Children study the following subjects:
- An instrument of their choice. Depending upon availability this is a choice between piano, classical organ, electronic keyboard, violin, viola, cello, woodwind or brass.
- Aural training.
- Music theory.
In addition children in the music school sing in the youth choir who sing once a month at the Sunday service and, when they have reached an appropriate standard, join the orchestra or other ensemble group. These also take place on a Saturday morning.
When ready, children have significant opportunity to extend their musical training within the music scheme at CwAS by joining the regular choir.
The music school is staffed by volunteers who are qualified teachers. In addition, some instrumental tutors are employed from the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester, providing tuition from some world class instrumentalists. All staff are fully DBS checked where appropriate and the church has full child protection policies and procedures in place.
If you are interested in the music school for your child and wish to discuss it further, please contact Phil on 07821307909 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the link below to download a printable version of this information.
Click on the link below to download and print an application form for the music school.